Wednesday 23 December 2015

24th December

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. -John 1:14

I've just heard those words read by Revd. Alex at midnight mass. It's Christmas morning now and Jesus has indeed been born - our little knitted Jesus in church now lies in his manger, as does the larger one in the nativity scene outside the church. Jesus, God, has come to dwell amongst us.
For many people Christmas will be over as soon as tomorrow is, we've been Christmassed for the last 6 weeks, after tomorrow that's it for another year. For me it's just the beginning. The best thing about keeping advent as a time of waiting is that now Christmas is here I want it to stay, I want to celebrate and I want to give thanks to the God who, as the Message bible puts it, moved into the neighbourhood. He lived with us, knew us and understood us. One of us.

I wish you a joyous and peaceful Christmas - there's 12 days of it remember! Or if we're getting really technical we could keep going all the way to candlemas in February!!

No comments:

Post a Comment