Wednesday 26 February 2014

But we will all be changed

It's just one week until Ash Wednesday and Christian or not many people will try and give something up, or do something different, for Lent.
Followers of my blog will know that last Lent rather than giving something up I (and my kids) took something up- following Paula Gooder and Peter Babington's Love Life Live Lent booklet. This gives a different activity or action for each day- something to help make your bit of the world just a little bit lovelier.
The tagline is "be the change you want to see", a reminder that if we do want to live in a more loving world, first we have to change ourselves.
Wonderfully we won't be on our own this year- some of my fellow St Michael's family are up for the challenge too. I will again blog through my own experiences.
Anyone one else who wants to join in just let me know- I've ordered some books (£2.50 for the adult version, £1.50 for the kids) in the hope that instead of giving something up I can entice you to take something up this Lent.
It begins on Tuesday with a pancake party! Who could resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment