Tuesday 4 March 2014

Celebrate More

First day of Love Life Live Lent for 2014. My aim, as last year, is to follow the LLLL challenges and (briefly) blog each day about my experiences. My children are following the challenges too, but this year we've really stepped things up as a whole group of us from St Michael's have decided to follow LLLL and we're doing our best to get other folks from school and church to join in too.
Today's challenge is to celebrate more- and to do so by throwing a pancake party. Last year I took a couple of packets of ready made pancakes to work to share with my lovely colleagues. I decided that I needed a bit more oomph this time to really kick things off so I decided that we'd have an all day pancake party on the ward. I went armed with ready made pancakes, scotch pancakes, syrup, lemon, Nutella...and I even made sure there was plenty left for the night shift.
We should celebrate more- and there doesn't always have to be a reason. Lent starts tomorrow and I think that's something to celebrate because even though it's the longest period of reflection and quiet in the church calendar it's also a time of preparation and of spiritual renewal. Sometimes I feel at my closest to God during Lent as I look at myself, my relationship with God and with the world around me.

luke 15.6: And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.”

No comments:

Post a Comment