Monday 15 February 2016

Act 5 - Quiche

An act of generosity can be something incredibly simple. There's five of us in our house - myself, my husband, the two kids and my mum. My mum is wonderful. She does my washing, my washing up, looks after the dog whilst I'm at work and feeds the family on the days when I'm working.
Today was a very odd day as I was only working a half shift, meaning I was home by three. Whilst my mum often feeds us we very rarely return this, so as soon as I read today’s act I texted mum and told her I would cook this evening for us all. No grand gesture but something very much appreciated, and a reminder that I should do it far more often.
The title of my blog was in part inspired by how much I love baking for people as a gesture of generosity, hospitality and love. My ordination training has meant this has very much been neglected. I feel it's time to get my bake-on once more......

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, ‘Take and eat; this is my body.’ (Matthew 26:26 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment