Tuesday 16 February 2016

Act 6 - Cupboard Love

Anyone who's visited knows there's a lot of clutter in our house - a problem that's got progressively worse during my training as there never seems to be time to sort anything out. The aim is to do an extreme-de-clutter once I'm (God-willing) ordained, but not just to eBay stuff or chuck it out. There's lots of useful things here, we just don't have the space or the time. Surely the best thing is to pass useful things on to people I know will find them useful?
Something which is a bit easier to sort are the children's clothes. Many were passed on to us and we try to pass them on again wherever possible. Coincidentally, today we were visiting my beautiful friend and her family. I've not seen her in months but I always pass my daughter's clothes on to her, so today we went with a big bag of goodies. There's another bag sat waiting for my brother when he visits at Easter- my son's clothes for my nephew.
With spending most of their week in school uniform my kids barely wear their clothes before they've grown out of them. I'm sure I'd do ok putting them on eBay, but it's far lovelier to pass them on to other folk with growing kids.

If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers – most of which are never even seen – don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving.People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. (Matthew 6:30–33 The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment