Thursday 20 December 2018

20th December 2018

There is something about simply sitting still, quietly attentive to your breathing, that tends to evoke less agitated, less thought-driven modes of meditative awareness. When this shift . . . embodies a sincere desire for God, a new capacity to realize oneness with God begins to emerge. Resting in this awareness offers the least resistance to God. 
James Finlay

With do few days left before Christmas day it feels like there's very little time for quiet and stillness. I need to finish presents, wrap things, finish sermons, work some shifts...it's a real discpline to remember to make space for God in all that, but if I don't then who am I actually preparing for?

Today I was joyful to have  brunch with friends, thankful that school holidays have arrived and helpless that I can't take stress away from the rest of my household.


I, I am he who comforts you;
Isaiah 51.12

No comments:

Post a Comment