Saturday 22 December 2018

22nd December 2018

It's amazing how quickly the seasonal anxiety can creep back in, despite yesterday's calmness. I worked all day today, still feeling ok, but when I arrived back home I became overwhelmed. The pressure we put on ourselves is crazy.

My aim is to remain focused on the only thing that matters this season. Yes I have a jobs list to work through but I need to remember we're preparing to celebrate, to feast, to share love and friendship and to welcome God again.

Lord, may my deepest good intentions lead to acts of love. Then the grieving I feel right now can be transformed into comfort and rest...Jesus, my friend, You are the highest humility. Give me a great love tonight. As Your birthday nears, give me rich gifts, and listen to me with Your unending compassion.
Umiltà of Faenza

Those who go out weeping, bearing the seed, will come back with shouts of joy,
bearing their sheaves with them
Psalm 126.7

No comments:

Post a Comment