Wednesday 2 March 2016

Act 19 - Daily Grind

I spent most of today driving. I did try and be generous whilst driving - I'm not always very generous behind the wheel (one reason I have no christian symbols on my car!). When I listen to the long list of accidents and delays on the radio - and especially when the weather is as unpleasant for driving as yesterday - I wonder how much our lack of generosity to fellow road-users contributes. We don't always view other drivers as being just like us, we tut and judge but rarely put ourselves in their position. Where are they going? Why are they rushing? And what if they're driving in a way we find frustrating? We're so focused on our own little bubble- where are we going? How long will it take? - that the people we're sharing the travelling space with become inconveniences.
Despite the weather and tight time frame my drive yesterday was actually ok, because taking the time to drive more generously made me more chilled and prepared to face whatever happened on the journey. I'm sure there's a sermon in this somewhere!

He will reply, ”Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.”' (Matthew 25:45 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment