Tuesday 8 March 2016

Act 24 - Stand

Something I love about social media is the ability to highlight causes that otherwise might go under the radar, or help people to think about something right under their noses in a different way. Many of my friends probably think I over-share about stuff I'm passionate about and I'm certain I've been 'unfriended' because of it. Mostly I like to think my friends are like-minded people who share my thirst for social justice.
Today my parent, Anna, a local activist and transgendered woman, is giving a talk at Manchester University about her passion for justice. It would be great for folk to go along (1pm at St Peter's House) - it might explain where I get it from!

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:8–9 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment