Friday 11 March 2016

Act 27 - Worth the wait

I have no idea where it came from - might have been a tv show - but I once heard that to see what a person is really like look at how they treat a waiter.
At work I have a lot of time for the people who appear to do the most functional jobs- especially the domestic staff and porters. It's amazing what spending a few minutes learning people's names and chatting with them can do to make them feel valued- they're working as hard as anyone else but rarely with the same recognition as the health professionals I work with. Every single person in our organisation is as important as each other- if just one area of staff were missing the place would not function.

Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.  

(John 13:14–15)

No comments:

Post a Comment