Monday 14 March 2016

Act 28 & 29 - Show & Tell & BOGOF

Got behind for the first time, which isn't bad going when I think about how hectic the last 2 weeks have been.

I have to be honest I couldn’t think of a skill I have that I could share with someone else, or something useful to write about that without it sounding like false modesty. I'm a pretty average girl who has never shone at any particular thing, and I'm really ok with that. Our culture teaches us that we're all special, and in terms of how God sees us that's true, but it's also ok to just be average, to not "be the best". Of course if anyone would like the loan of my husband with one of his many amazing skills it can be arranged!
My own greatest skill is passion and enthusiasm, a love of and duty towards the things I do, especially my work. I don't know how to teach that but I believe it can be infections, reflected in the fact that about 7 nurses who were students under me have gone on to work on my unit.

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

(1 Peter 4:10 NIV)

Being a disorganised duo, as we are, we often lose things and end up buying another, part of my intended post-training blitz and de-stuffing of the house is to give away anything we have two of.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. (Matthew 25:35 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment