Thursday 14 February 2013

Be More Giving

My mum (who lives with us) has just popped through and presented me with the notes I asked the kids to write yesterday to say sorry to each other. Jacob is sorry he hit Faith and Faith is sorry she stood on Jacob's lego box. I pray that this spirit of forgiveness lingers a bit longer!
Today's LLLL task is lovely and simple- save up your loose change and give it to charity at the end of Lent. When the small people come home we'll discuss who we want to donate it to. Faith has already suggested Water Aid but my choice will be The Booth Centre- a Christian charity helping the homeless, based here in Manchester, which just happens to share my maiden name.
The LLLL book has kindly reminded me today of Jesus' miracle at Cana, turning water into wine. This is a timely reminder of my abstinence from alcohol during Lent- something I've only managed before during pregnancy.  As it's Valentine's Day today I've extended my "be more giving" instruction to my husband, Mike, who often feels (and often is) a bit low on the list when it comes to demands upon my time. I've made a gluten free tiramisu, something we used to eat a lot in his gluten-filled days, and there's a bottle of the finest alcohol free cherry cordial to wash it down with. I may even let him watch Notting Hill for the 57th time without groaning.

http://www.boothcentre.org.uk

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment