Monday 25 February 2013

God bless our bellies

Very quick blog today- working night shifts over the weekend has taken its toll. Usually after my final night shift I'd go to bed for three to four hours, get up around one and then go back to bed at the usual hour. Due the my inability to join the dots I ended up meeting an examining chaplain this morning, a very delightful gentleman, which was the next step in the Anglican discernment process for ordained ministry. The short version is the meeting was kind of a big deal. It went ok in the circumstances.
Our Lent task for the day was to thank God for our food. I thanked him for my cereal bar when I got in from work, the sandwich Mike got me on return from the meeting and the biryani I had this evening.
Faith and Jacob thanked God for their school dinner. Jacob was thankful with his best friend Freddie. Faith was grateful even though she thought the pasta was rubbish, because someone still took the trouble to make it and some people in the world didn't have any dinner today. I love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment