Tuesday 12 February 2013

Love Life Live Lent

After my initial post the tumbleweeds have been a-tumbling through Cake or Death. With Lent approaching it seemed an appropriate time to get blogging- not sure I can manage 40 days and 40 nights but I'm certainly going to give it my best.

I find that fasting in some way as part of my Lent journey is quite an important thing for me. To be disciplined enough to deny my self something is pretty damn hard, but an incredibly tiny thing compared to what Jesus has done for me.
I'm also a big believer in taking something up for Lent- again it's all about the discipline. This year I'm using Paula Gooder & Peter Babington's Love Life Live Lent (available at St Deny's, Amazon, or direct from Chuch House Publishing).
We start today, on Shrove Tuesday, with our first task of celebrating more, with the suggestion of throwing a pancake party. Not easy on a 10 hour shift. But I'll start as I mean to continue- armed with a pack of ready made pancakes to share with my HTU colleagues.  It's a start.

Luke 15.6
And when he comes home,  he calls together his friends and neighbours,  saying to them,  "rejoice with me,  for I have found my sheep that was lost"

www.livelent.net

No comments:

Post a Comment