Friday 22 February 2013

Thank God

Today I had everything planned. We were asked to say thank you to someone and I had decided that we would make thank you cards for my mum who does so much for the kids and myself. That was the plan until something very unexpected happened.Tod, our four year old degu died very unexpectedly in the night.
We were up a bit late this morning and some friends were coming round so I hadn't really been in the conservatory where Tod lived, with his brother Smiley. The kids had mentioned that Tod was still in bed but no one thought anything of it until my husband looked a little closer.
There had been no warning signs- he'd been as chipper as ever last night and Mike had left the two boys snuggled up together and squeaking when he'd come up to bed.
Both children were very tearful but Faith especially was hit hard- Tod was hers (and Smiley is Jacob's)- telling me she just wants him to be alive again and how she doesn't feel like herself anymore. All I can do is hold her and tell her that one day it won't hurt quite so much, but I can't take away her tears today.
So we decided to say thank you to Tod, for being part of our lives and bringing us so much joy. We've written a short tribute to him and have a prayer ready for his funeral tomorrow in our back garden.

Romans 8:38-39
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord

Proverbs 12:10
The righteous know the needs of their animals

No comments:

Post a Comment