Saturday 23 February 2013

What a wonderful world

Today was the first day I found it difficult to fit in the LLLL task. The instruction was to take a walk and notice the world around you. Doesn't sound like too big a deal but there was shopping to do, household tasks, an afternoon nap to fit in before my night shift and a degu to bury.
I think the closest I came to noticing the world around me was when we held Tod's funeral early in the afternoon.
I love the peace of my garden- there's something very calm about our little corner of Flixton. You can hear the distant rumble of traffic on the m60 and Liverpool Rd but mostly it's quiet with gentle bursts of bird song, and later in the day you might hear the foxes in the field.
We laid Tod to rest under a small willow tree. Faith read her tribute and prayer, then we all said our goodbyes by placing an orange roses on his grave. The air was cool and dry with very little breeze. Shortly after everyone had returned inside a few wispy snowflakes started to fall, before thinking better of it.

Psalm 92.4
For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the work of your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment