Thursday 26 February 2015

Be More Curious

I wonder how much easier I would have found school life, especially A-levels, if I'd had a smartphone? The ease with which I can find out information, research a topic or name a song  (I half remember a few words of) is fantastic. When I'm lay in bed at night and all of a sudden I get the vague memory of a film I saw in 1986, I can just put a few words into Google and within a few minutes of searching I have the name of the film and could probably either stream or download it.
Answers are so readily available that we don't often need to wonder or let our curiosity lead us. Yet there are some areas where the answers are not a click away- the deep longing within us for there to be more to this life and the need for a spiritual dimension to our lives.
One of the best things about my family's annual visit to Anglesey is the lack of phone signal. We are forced to move away from having answers a click away and to give our curiosity time to breathe.

Psalm 8:3-4
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
   the moon and the stars that you have established;
what are human beings that you are mindful of them,
   mortals that you care for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment