Tuesday 24 February 2015

Care For The World

As is usually the case for today's task I was working, making it very difficult to fulfill it. This task always makes me reflect upon how effective our personal energy saving measures are when I'm working in a hospital which, necessarily, guzzles energy and where so many things are (again necessarily) disposable.
How do I feel ethically about the balance between the energy consumed (and waste produced) in treating the individuals in our care and our roles as stewards of creation? I will always put patient care first.
Maybe I feel the need to counter the effects upon the earth from what I must do professionally in my life outside of work- I got rid of my dryer and can be very stingy with the heating!

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground unperceived by your Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment