Tuesday 17 February 2015

Celebrate!

Well golly, blimey and all that sort of thing- how can it be Shrove Tuesday already?! Well, it is, and for me that means Love Life Live Lent begins again with a pancake party.
The last two years of following LLLL I've been working on Shrove Tuesday and taken the pancake party there. It's half term this week so I had the extra special treat of being at home to make pancakes for my children, and my husband had a day off work. I can't remember the last Shrove Tuesday we were all together!
It's been a pretty pancake-centric day, because as well as enjoying some homemade traditional pancakes this evening we had lunch in our local pancake parlour, with the added loveliness of the company of one of my goddaughters.
It really has been a day of celebration!!
Yet the solemnity of tomorrow - and of the coming weeks - is on my mind. Having that time to bring myself closer to God, to refocus and recommit, is what I'm dwelling upon. It's also a countdown, not to Easter but to the beginning of our interregnum as our much loved Revd. Vicky makes her move to Ely. I have less than six weeks to be mentally ready for that.

"Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost." Luke 15.6

No comments:

Post a Comment