Wednesday 25 February 2015

Be More Loving

Today's task seems so simple but I nearly missed the opportunity. Working back to back 12 hour shifts I miss my kids and wanted to Skype them from work to tell them I loved them in case they were asleep when I got home. My daughter wasn't answering so I tried the phone. No answer. I tried again walking to my car and got hold of my her - she was really happy to hear from me, as were my son and husband. My hubby allowed the children to stay up until I got home so we had hugs and exchanged more "I love yous".
It's easy to tell my kids I love them, so what about the other people I encounter every day? I spend so much time at work but don't spend enough time telling the people I share my working life with that they're loved and appreciated. They might not think I'm very loving when I'm tired and frustrated and unable to help them, but I aim each day to see people as God sees them, and love them as God loves them. Although I'm not always very good at this!!

Ruth 1.16
But Ruth said,
‘Do not press me to leave you
   or to turn back from following you!
Where you go, I will go;
   where you lodge, I will lodge;
your people shall be my people,
   and your God my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment