Saturday 1 April 2017

Day 28

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, 

so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. 

To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. 

To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over 

the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.

(Henry David Thoreau)

A suggestion for your prayer and meditation:

I walk a pathway;

Of rocks, roots,

Leaves and mud.

Traveling alone at times,

But more often with trusted companions.

We are cutting a trail of holy thoughts.
Pastor Patty Fox 40 Days with 40 Christian Mystics

The 40 days of Lent are a really useful period of time to create new habits or new ways of thinking. Repeating thoughts, actions, patterns of prayer. What did we want to dominate our lives when we began 28 Days ago? I hope this mystical Lenten journey is re-forming me, developing my spirituality and deepening my relationship with the divine so that in turn I may be a better companion and pastor to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment