Thursday 6 April 2017

Day 32

When I look at the blood
all I see is love, love, love.
When I stop at the cross
I can see the love of God.

But I can’t see competition.
I can’t see hierarchy.
I can’t see pride or prejudice
or the abuse of authority.
I can’t see lust for power.
I can’t see manipulation.
I can’t see rage or anger
or selfish ambition.

I can’t see unforgiveness.
I can’t see hate or envy.
I can’t see stupid fighting
or bitterness, or jealousy.
I can’t see empire building.
I can’t see self-importance.
I can’t see back-stabbing
or vanity or arrogance.

I see surrender, sacrifice, salvation,
humility, righteousness, faithfulness, grace, forgiveness,
love! Love … love…

When I stop! … at the cross
I can see the love of God.

(Godfrey Birtill)

Pastor Patty combined days 32 and 33 so today I'm meditating upon the Northumbria Communities meditation for the day. The meditation speaks of things that can destroy us as individuals but also things that can eat away at communities and churches. None of those things are contained within God's love but they are within creation. We must acknowledge that. It's only by facing up to something  that we can learn to overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment