Wednesday 5 April 2017

Day 31

A Consideration of Biblical Views of Atonement

For the last five years during Lent I have led a discussion at RCHP on Biblical Views of Atonement. There is nothing more mystical than the death and resurrection of Jesus.  My suggestion for your prayer and meditation today is simply to consider what Atonement means to you. 
Pastor Patty Fox 40 Days with 40 Christian Mystics (pastor Patty's slide show from her discussion in here)

Ok...I can't really give atonement It's full consideration in a 2 minute blog reflection, and I don't think it's necessarily the sort of thing the people who read my blog would want to read! I wrote one of my longest assignments (during theological training) on atonement and my one conclusion was no one theory gives an adequate explanation - but then do any theologies or doctrines? One thing I love about mystical Christianity is the full acceptance of holy mystery without needing to explain or understand everything. I know no absolutes in my belief other than God's eternal and unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment