Thursday 17 April 2014

Be imaginative

People were simply not forthcoming in telling me what they'd given up for Lent!! Very frustrating, so I decided to be more imaginative about it. One of my friends told me what she had tried to take up for Lent, so I have a plan related to that.
Another friend said she was buying herself what she'd given up, not being able to find out what others were up to. Love this- but I already have plans to (prayerfully) enjoy some things I've been without (ok, I plan to dip pretzels in peanut butter & Nutella whilst watching the Chinese grand prix before church...and drink lots of wine at my cousin's house in the evening).
It's been a reasonably lazy week so far- picnics, parks, friends and a bit of housework and gardening. Enjoying time off work with my kids, but Holy Week really kicks in today for me. Preaching at both Maundy Thursday eucharist services and attending a service at the hospital chapel in between. The house work needs to step up a gear too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment