Wednesday 9 April 2014

Be more thoughtful

I nailed today's task- I had it planned and in the bag last week. I procured tickets for my priest, Vicky, to go to a lecture her hero Rowan Williams is giving at Chester Cathedral. I felt very pleased with myself.
What I wasn't prepared for today were things that other people would do that would result in me having one of my happiest days in weeks- possibly months. This wasn't however through their thoughtfulness, more just a meeting of circumstance.
It was my kids' school Easter service at our church this morning. My daughter sang Whistle Down The Wind with her choir so beautifully that the tears were flowing, as they did when her friend George sang his solo, and when she was singing with her three best friends- and I cried when the whole school were singing! My proudest moment however was when Faith's whole class did a presentation about the LLLL challenges they had embraced. I couldn't believe that something which started with me and my two kids on our Lent journey last year had spread through these 30 plus families- to think how many people were now introduced to LLLL and what small changes might be going on in people's lives because of it was pretty overwhelming.
After that I was just overcome with happiness and joviality and pretty much laughed through the rest of my day! Work was a delight- colleagues and patients awesome- and my hubby has just presented me with a big mug of noodle soup.
Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment