Saturday 19 April 2014

Share the Easter story

So LLLL has come to an end for another year, and that means one very important thing- Christ is risen! Alleluia!!
It also means I should think about how the experience has changed me spiritually. If change hasn't occurred and I just go back to life as usual there was little point in undertaking it.
So- have I "been the change I want to see"? Yes and no. Thinking about others more brings me out of my little bubble. It makes me more aware of my friends, my community and my world. LLLL helps me to confront things I wouldn't usually but also gives me ways of trying to improve my relationship with God- time for stillness and reflection. Yet there's always more I could have done, tasks that remain unfulfilled and things I could have done better. Rather than dwell on that I hope to try and keep thinking of others- to be a servant rather than a consumer.
The most important aspect of LLLL this year has been community- I wasn't on my own. With the group of us from St Michael's church, plus some of the school children choosing tasks to complete, how have we as a whole affected our little community? I don't know, but any change for the better- even if it's just one person- is a change for good and a change for God.
So I finish LLLL by sharing the Easter story with my family, praying that raising my children in faith will be something that moulds their lives and means they will grow to become people who don't live to take and consume but to give and to serve.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment