Sunday 6 April 2014

Share more

I was really really looking forward to today's task. For about four years my husband was on a gluten free diet, the beginning of which coincided with my finishing an eighteen month course which had dominated most of my free time. Having more free time and a husband with dietary needs meant I went all Sylvia Plath and starting baking like a lunatic! I loved it and I turned out to be a reasonable home baker. What I loved to most was sharing what I'd made at work.
Since starting my ordination training baking has gone right out of the window. The pleasure of spending an evening locked in the kitchen, no one else allowed to enter my private domain, has for the time being been put on hold. I did manage a few Christmas treats and a birthday cake for my daughter. I vaguely remember baking brownies for my course mates quite early on.
The last truly extravagant bake I made was my husband's 40th birthday cake back in early September.
All this back story is my rather convoluted way of revealing I failed at yesterday's task. Thursday and Friday were way too busy to bake and I worked all day yesterday. Glad to report the kids baked with my mum, and shared their treats with their other grandparents. We did have sharing treats at work as our lovely student Leanne brought lovely things on her last day.
I do have biscuits to share at today's Family Praise service...does that count?!

No comments:

Post a Comment