Monday 14 April 2014

Be more encouraging/Live more simply

Two in one blog as I forgot on Saturday! It is really hard work to write the blog when I've worked a 14 hour day, and not achieved the task! I do have a box of stuff to take to the charity shop, so hopefully I can get it there this week. I'm always trying and failing to declutter, but I suspect most of our clutter would be of little use to anyone else.
Today's task was to be more encouraging. It's the first day of the Easter hols for us and I let the kids have a onesie day whilst I tidied up, so not much opportunity for encouragement. It's also the first day of Holy Week and to mark this at St Michael's we had a Tenebrae service.
At this service candles are slowly extinguished so the service ends in near darkness apart from the paschal candle. I was reading at the service (& extinguishing candles!) and Faith decided she wanted to come- I try to encourage her with services that are different to what she's used to. She did a fab job of welcoming- for which Vicki and I gave her praise and encouragement. It was an incredibly moving service.
As far as Jacob was concerned today I tried to encourage him to eat his evening meal. I was not successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment