Friday 4 April 2014

Think more positively

Hopefully most people that know me would agree I'm a fairly positive person. I don't think I'm much of a wallower (although I can be rather irritable and grumbly) and, generally, when adversity is thrown my way I tackle it head on. I think I'm an incredibly fortunate person so this makes me incredibly grateful and thankful.
My husband is a pessimist who believes I have enough positivity for us both. I like to think we complement each other!
When applying to be selected for ordination you have to write out a list of all the major events in your life which have affected, shaped and formed you into the person you are. I found this the most difficult part of the entire process but it made me realise two things.
Firstly it's our negative experiences, and our response to them, which affect and shape us the most. Secondly I'm really thankful for those negative experiences because without them I'd not be me.
Bad things happen, bad things happen all the time for no apparent reason- working with life limiting illnesses makes that more than apparent- but I'd much rather be a "why not me" person than a "why me" person.

No comments:

Post a Comment