Sunday 21 February 2016

Act 10 - Spur On

Bit late today due to night shifts.

Sometimes it's just much easier to be negative; sometimes it takes way more energy to see the positive. When I'm surrounded by negativity I feel really weighed down - it's so easy for morale to fall, especially when you're in an already stressful environment. It may sound twee but the power of positivity really is transformative! It can be difficult but I always try my best to bring enthusiasm and positivity to whatever situation I'm in, especially in my working life where it can at times be so hard keep spirits up.
It can also be hard to stay positive at college, where the end of our formal ordination training feels so near and yet so far. Those of us involved in church life know how it's often the negative people focus on.
The ability to push against negativity, and encourage others to do the same, is a reflection of God shining from within us- one of the many ways we display his image.

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver. (Proverbs 25:11 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment