Friday 26 February 2016

Act 15 - More

Today I had many opportunities to be generous and didn't take them. There was ample chance to give more and I didn't. At the end of the day they left me feeling lousy. Some days are like that - more selfish - but all it did was leave me with a sense of disappointment at wasted opportunity and disappointment in myself.
Yet people were generous to me- it all sorts of ways; kind words, a discount at lunch, time spent listening and a really big box of M&Ms!!
Being generous works guys! It benefits others and ourselves, whilst squandering a chance to be generous helps no one and leaves us unsatisfied.

I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need. I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfil His purpose – I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.] (Philippians 4:12–13 AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment