Monday 22 February 2016

Act 11 - Love

I love a lot, but like most of us I think of it more of an emotion; Jesus was pretty clear that love is an action. Today I tried to show love through my actions rather than my words and the response revealed to me that loving action is the way forward! I was thinking about the people I was with and what they needed- time spent with my children listening and doing what they needed instead of doing course work. I used my time for them. I took time off from the busy mum stuff to actually be a mum.
After the kids went to bed I had a few hours before my husband came home from work, so I prepared a little gift for him- photos of our beautiful dog who died last week printed ready for framing. Even though all I wanted was to sleep I spent time listening to him as he unwound from a long shift. All simple stuff, but I had to think about it all, acting lovingly doesn't always come naturally as our own needs and wants often dominate.

God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. (John 3:16 NCV)

No comments:

Post a Comment