Sunday 19 March 2017

Day 16

This I know
That the only way to live
             Is like the rose
which lives
             without a why.

(From Meditations with Meister Eckhart by Matthew Fox)

A suggestion for your prayer and meditation:

I don't know if it is actually possible to live without a why but if I try to do so it does require that I stay completely in the present moment. No whys about the past or whys about the future.  Maybe a momentary why about the present but then the only reasonable answer is "to be" which as a follower of Christ translate "to love".

Imagine yourself as a rose in full bloom.
Take in the sun and rain
Endure the wind and cold
Be for a moment
Letting the sweet scent of love and compassion
The essence of life
Rise.
Pastor Patty Fox 40 days with 40 Christian mystics

As I've been working nights it's rather difficult to imagine being a rose in bloom, so I've decided instead to be a fern, flourishing in the shade. A fern can live without a why too. There will be no whys today.

No comments:

Post a Comment