Wednesday 29 March 2017

Day 25

Life is
A blue sky framed by firs.
Guilt, joy, frustration, contentment;
So many moments
That make up a day.
In all of this
Gratitude spills out
Like sap running freely from the tree.
God is good
We fail
We harm
We forget
but God is always good.
And this God
Lives in me.

A suggestion for your prayer and meditation:

How would you describe your day? 
Where do you see God in the moments of your day?
Pastor Patty Fox 40 days with 40 Christian mystics

Today was good. Today was joyful. Today was really busy! I spent time with my husband (we're often on opposite shifts), did some paperwork, spoke with friends, baked brownies, went to a mini-concert at my son's school (huge privilege for a working mum), I had the final session with a girl I'm preparing to receive her first communion and her sister who's getting confirmed, I cooked for my family and we all ate together, I made bath bombs with my daughter, coloured her hair, attended an event at church and had a drink with my church family after that!
I'm home now, a dog on either side and I look back at a busy day absolutely jam-packed with love, laughter and seeing the face if God reflected back at me everywhere I looked. Not all days are like that, but today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment