Friday 3 March 2017

Day 3

Prayer is not primarily saying words or thinking thoughts.
It is, rather, a stance.
It's a way of living in the Presence, living in awareness of the Presence, and even of enjoying the Presence.
The full contemplative is not just aware of the Presence, but trusts, allows, and delights in it.

A suggestion for your prayer and meditation; practicing living in the Presence of God:

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

from Everything Belongs by Franciscan priest Father Richard Rohr
Rev Patty Fox 40 days with 40 mystics

I have to admit I'm a bit of a Richard Rohr fan girl.
The thought of prayer as simply our "being" or "being with God" might be very alien depending on your own experiences and Tradition, but for me it's everything. God knows what's in my heart and mind, who and what I wish to bring before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment