Thursday 2 March 2017

Day 2

Faith is
nothing else but
a right understanding
of our being -
trusting
and allowing things to be;

A right understanding
that we are in God
and God
whom we do not see
is in us.

Julian of Norwich
(from Meditations with Julian of Norwich by Brendan Doyle)

Suggested prayer practice:

Breathing in I know I am in God.
Breathing out I know God is in me.

Breathing in.....I am in God.
Breathing out.....God is in me.

(Sit quietly for 10 minutes following your breath and internally repeating these words on the inhalation and exhalation)
Patty Fox: 40 days with 40 mystics

I think it's very hard for us to contemplate that we are in God and God is in us. It's in our nature to think much less of ourselves than that. This practice and Mother Julian's words remind us we are made for and part of something more vast and more beautiful than we imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment