Saturday 28 March 2015

Be Aware of Others

Friday was a delightful day. Usually they are notorious for being the busiest day at work but for some reason this week it felt more like a weekend. When we're busy it can feel very solitary, moving from task to task and not being able to chat with colleagues or spend as much time as we'd like with patients.
Yesterday I had time to chat with both and it was a real treat. The team spending time together builds morale and helps people feel valued. Spending more time with patients gives you time to do all the "value added" stuff, or just talk with someone feeling lonely.
I love my job so much, even when it's difficult, and days like this are a reminder of what a tremendous team we have, with the most remarkable group of patients. Part of my routine at night is to pray for the people I've worked with and cared for. Last night my prayers were filled with joy and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment