Friday 20 March 2015

Think More Positively

I am an optimist- it's my coping mechanism. If all else fails, when things seem at there bleakest, I often laugh...OK this can border on being a wee bit manic but you'll rarely see me glum. I really am so grateful for all that I have and I truly believe all problems have a solution. This makes me sound rather insufferable but even in the darkest of times there's a glimmer of hope, a spark of humour or that tiny grain of positivity. I see that all the time with patients and their families- the positivity some are able to maintain where there may be little hope to cling to. It puts whatever small issues I might be dealing with into perspective.
If all else fails there's always Julian of Norwich:
"All shall be well
And all shall be
And all manner of thing shall be well"
It will be, one way or another. Julian lived through pretty unsettled times (plague and what not) and yet her optimism shines through as she interprets the world as being created by a God of joy, compassion and mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment