Sunday 8 March 2015

Keep in Touch More


"2 Corinthians 1:1

THE SECOND LETTER OF PAUL TO THE
Corinthians

Salutation

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,

To the church of God that is in Corinth, including all the saints throughout Achaia:"

When I read the above there's a little voice in my head quoting the Eddie Izzard sketch "...who's idea was it to get Paul as a penpal?!"

I'm led to believe it's my introverted personality that makes me freak out at the thought of using or answering the phone. All phone calls have to be made on my own terms in my own time...which is a roundabout way of saying not only is my blog a day late but I failed in my task.
I have excuses- I was away on a training weekend and have developed a rather bothersome tooth abscess which brought me home early to seek treatment. I did Skype my family whilst away but that probably doesn't count.
I know I'm terrible at reaching out - text and instant messaging has been such a blessing to me. It's something I need to overcome and I sometimes resent the introverted parts of my personality which can at times be a barrier to my ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment