Friday 13 March 2015

Have More Fun

Unfortuately this week has been anything but fun! Trying to complete an assignment and coping with a tooth infection (which brought me back from my training residential), I also experienced a very upsetting cardiac arrest event at work (an incredibly rare event).
Today was set aside for more assignment work and a follow up dental appointment - not much opportunity for fun to be found. Sometimes as much as we want a bit of fun there is just no let up- no chance for recreation or just to let our hair down. I'm lucky because I know it won't be that long until I get some respite.
Whilst this week has been incredibly challenging it's also been really affirming.  The teamwork at the arrest was fantastic and through those events, and unpacking it all with my spiritual director, it confirmed for me that I'm working where I want to be.
There was further affirmation yesterday when I spent time with the Wythenshawe hospital  chaplaincy team. I spent time with dementia patients, on neonatal ICU and on the Mental Health unit. It was such a privilege to chat to people and hear a little of their stories and see what gave them hope.
Life is certainly not all fun and games but it is rich and varied, often sad, but in the midst of it all is that hope.

Psalm 16:11
You show me the path of life.
   In your presence there is fullness of joy;
   in your right hand are pleasures for evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment