Wednesday 28 February 2018

Celtic Lent Day 12

Lord steady our feet when the world tries to rock and shake our faith.  When materialism beckons with coy hands, steady our feet. When lust sways within us, steady our feet. When fear tugs at our knees, steady our faith. Show us your goodness, and steady our hearts in you. Amen.
Show us your goodness, Lord; and steady our hearts in you.
Common Prayer for Ordinary Radicals

It's quite ironic to be talking about steady feet when there's a blanket of ice and snow outside, making my feet anything but steady! The thing about the snow is I know it'll eventually thaw and I'll be steady again. The times in my life I feel unsteady are like this, but like the snow I know they'll pass. Faith is something to help steady me; yes the rhythms and the rituals provide stability and security but more importantly it links me to a sense of divinity and the world and a sense of hope.

Scripture
Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
   which cannot be moved, but abides for ever.
Psalm 125.1

No comments:

Post a Comment