Friday 23 February 2018

Celtic Lent Day 9

I have never been one to limit God to the scriptures, though the scriptures have nourished me well. My god is not imprisoned anywhere, nor in the bible nor the tabernacle.  Real Presence is everywhere, and those with the hearts if children revel in it. So much that I do not blush to call divine is revealed tome each day. The Word and the Bread! That's all there is. They continue becoming flesh. A crumb at a time!
Macrina Wiederkehr

My tradition has the bible and the Eucharist at the centre, but even more central are people themselves. The divine is in all people and in all places. The words of scripture can nourish faith but do not contain an uncontainable deity. My lived experiences, nourished by the word and sustained by the holy meal, teach me the most about God.

Scripture
While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, ‘Take, eat; this is my body.’
Matthew 26.26



No comments:

Post a Comment