Saturday 14 December 2019

14th December 2019

It's been a crazy 48 hours, I've not had much time to process the aftermath of the election because of last night's sleep-in (I think I had 5 hours sleep, but we're nearly at our £500 target!!) then this morning we made 100 Christingles for tomorrow's service. The rest of the day has been sorting out the aftermath of last night.

I guess I had a little time yesterday morning, before leading the chaplaincy eucharist, to think about how I wanted to respond to our current political situation. The gospel reading was Matthew 11.16-19 and my reflection upon it was this; we often reject what we can't understand rather than try to figure out what it does or could mean. I hope in light of the election and continuing tensions we can be people who try to understand the things that it might be our instinct to reject and turn away from, to be an example of how we may try and understand those we might be tempted to "other" and where disagreement exists may this be done with compassion, knowing each of us is equally loved by the God who created us and who longs for us to thrive alongside each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment