Wednesday 4 December 2019

4th December 2019

Another Advent practice I'm undertaking this year happened purely by accident. I usually journal each evening throughout Advent, and try to at other times of the year, but often take time off too. My lovely friend Katya has a monthly stationary subscription but not so long ago ended up with a double delivery. I was surprised and delighted when a package arrived though my door from Kat containing amongst other things a happiness journal. Rather than fill out my usual journal, though Advent I'm completing the happiness journal. It gives me the opportunity to reflect on the day behind me but also look forward to the one ahead and includes planning joyful things, which anyone who's had a look at my colour-coded Google Calendar always remarks are a bit missing from my schedule!
Today has also involved making Christmas chutney. As a response to my issues with the commercial, consumerist side of Christmas I make up bags of homemade goodies for my dear ones. The preparation of the contents is like a mindfulness exercise. Each chop, stir and taste is an action of love, or a prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment