Monday 11 December 2017

The 11th

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart,
and try to love the questions themselves
as if they were locked rooms
or books written in a very foreign language.

Do not search for the answers, which could not be given to you now,
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is to live everything.
Live the questions now.
Perhaps then, someday far in the future,
you will gradually,
without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

Rainer Maria Rilke

We can see so little. Life unfolds in stages. When we look at life, at the now, we should practice a posture of humility: we’re probably not seeing everything there is to see and understand. There’s always more.

Br. Curtis Almquist

In what ways this week are you being asked to wait?
#GodWithUs (Church of England)

These 3 things I came across today all seem to be linked in some way. I'm at a really unusual point in Advent where I'm almost ready for Christmas and I want to race ahead - I'm feeling an excitement which I haven't in years - but Advent is all about the wait and how it transforms and prepares us. Sometimes we have to inhabit the liminal spaces.

Today I found joy in my work, I was thankful for the crisp winter weather (seasons are important- even if we're freezing!) and I felt helpless over my own grumpiness towards the end of the day (and sweariness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment