Wednesday 20 December 2017

The 20th

Take Action

If our faith does not lead us to action, then it has become a dead creedal affirmation of lifeless beliefs. Some of us are already giving of our time, talent and treasure to the limits of our ability; others, maybe not. In either case, Jesus has given us all that is good in life; even love that makes it possible for us to love others.

Br. Robert L'Esperance

Too often Christians are thought of, to those outside the faith (and sometimes inside too), as people who reject, deny and condemn things, people and practices. If I thought that was what I was signing up for I would have run a mile! The faith I found was one of connection, justice, love and action. This is the faith the world should see in action throughout Advent. This is what we should be known for. Jesus was clear; we should be recognised as belonging to him by how we love.

Today I found joy in Sparkle Wednesday! I was thankful for my lovely student nurse and I felt helpless at how much I want to achieve before Christmas Day.

Scripture

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment