Friday 8 December 2017

The 8th

When a great moment knocks on the door of your life,
it is often no louder than the beating of your heart,
and it is very easy to miss it.

Boris Pasternak

Our lives are so noisy, full and busy that I worry we miss the small, important things. I'm a great believer in small things; extraordinary ordinariness. If I take Advent as a time of preparation and anticipation it just might be easier to tune out some of the noise and tune into something important I might be missing that's right in front of me.

Today I found joy in catching up with a good friend, I am thankful for art and creative pursuits and I feel helpless about how ill prepared our government appears regarding Brexit.

Scripture

You will show me the path of life;
in your presence is the fullness of joy 
and in your right hand are pleasures for evermore.
Psalm 16:10

No comments:

Post a Comment