Monday 18 December 2017

The 18th

I will not die an unlived life,
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise…

Dawna Markova

What good is it that Christ was born in a stable in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago if he is not also born in me? How is Christ to be born in me? You have only to be, like Mary, quiet, open-hearted and receptive to the Spirit at work within you. Say with her, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.”

Br. David Vryhof

I pray that I can live a fearless life, because I know that I don't.
I pray to be receptive and open to the spirit, willing to follow It's lead. I pray I can do this without fear.
I'm a bit of a control freak so letting God take control is scary. I'm telling myself tjis week that it doesn't matter what I have and haven't done to prepare for Christmas; it'll happen either way and God will still be born amongst us.

Today I found joy in Star Wars, I was thankful for my parents and I felt hopeless about my preparations being on hold for the next 2 days whilst I'm in work

No comments:

Post a Comment