Saturday 23 December 2017

The 23rd

Be ready. Be present to God in the here and now, the ordinary, the interruptions. Being fully present to the soul of all things will allow you to say, “This is good. This is enough. In fact, this is all I need.” 

Richard Rohr

Today was my last day off from the hospital before Christmas. The next three days will be an interweaving of nursing, priestly ministry and hospitality. It's my first Christmas as a priest and the first time I can remember working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
I have to remember that I am enough, that I can only give so much and that Jesus will find me just as I am, and I will always be enough for him. Whatever expectations we have of ourselves or perceive others have of us at Christmas, we are always enough for God.

Today I found joy in Christingle making, was thankful for the army of Christingle assemblers and felt helpless as time runs out.

Scripture
The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
Psalm 121:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment