Saturday 16 December 2017

The 16th

We must realize that when basic needs have been met, human development is primarily about being more, not having more.
The Earth Charter, Preamble

I think I might give up everything I have if it would allow me to become the best version of myself, to have a deep and sustainable sense of shalom.
When we hope for peace on earth I think what we really want is peace within ourselves, because if we are ourselves at peace I believe the need to fight and to acquire - people, land, possessions, would disappear.

Today I found joy in my children squabbling over making mug cakes, I was thankful for an event free day and I felt helpless over, as ever, running out of time.

Scripture

Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Philippians 4:5-6 

No comments:

Post a Comment